Friday, October 17, 2008

Mall Madness

So, I am renewing my vow to never ever take my children to any mall again. I said it once before when Mckenna was 2 and I was 8 months pregnant. She ran off and I waddled after her while everyone watched. I finally caught up to her and had to carry her back kicking and screaming. Don't ask why I didn't have a stroller. This weekend, we went to the mall for eye exams. Mikey refuses to ride in a stroller without causing a scene. He wants to push the stroller. I made the mistake of letting him. He's like a tiny tornado. He ditches the stroller and runs from store to store yelling " I want one of those and those and those etc. I finally bribed him with an ice cream cone and tricked him into sitting down long enough for me to strap him down. He then says " Mamma, I nice boy. Tell Santa bring 4 wheeler, okay." He is pretty smart for a 2 year old. I have to say that Mckenna behaved very well.

4 comments:

Laura T said...

You are a very brave soul, taking both kids to the mall like that! And welcome back to the blog world, I'm just getting back in myself :) Glad to see your family is doing well, holy cow Michael is getting big!

Jackson's said...

HA HA HA sounds just like when I take Tyson to the mall or anywhere for that matter. Hope you are all well, sure do love ya.
Nic

Scott and Sunny Nielsen said...

Who needs the mall anyway and I am so glad you are writing! I miss ya!

Candice said...

Hi Rachel! Chelsea just told me about her blog site, and I'm so happy to find people in the ward that are bloggers. It's such a fun way to get to know everyone. I totally understand your mall story. Sometimes I wonder why I ever take my kids to do fun things because I just end up stressed out and exhausted at the end of the day!